Thursday, September 28, 2006

secondary school days: mosquito court

I fondly remember my secondary school days. Those days were great. Ok not so great academically.

***



Nearly everyday after the end of the evening school assembly the guys (kerng soon, suhairi, max, wee yong, doraemon/stanley, Steeve, Fadil, Ilham, shaun and the rest) and myself would head down to our little secret place to play soccer. The place was situated just beside the NPCC 30 metre firing range.We lovingly called the placed "Mosquito Court". You do not need to be a genius to figure the reason why it was called that.

***

2 months ago i had some free time, had finished my Thesis, i made my way to my old school to reminisce abit. I was expecting the "Mosquito Court" to be demolished but i was pleasantly surprised that it was still standing. The basketball hoops are no longer there but the place itself remains unchanged. Though it would probably be demolished soon so that an expressway or carpark could be built through it. Yes screw the mosquito court because nothing absolutely nothing should get in the way of progress (very sad).

If only we could play there one final time...

No comments: